HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - (20) Official Team "XX" Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 09:35 PM
quiksilver
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Hey - whatsup hombres? I'm officially on a study break for the next 10 minutes. Figured I'd pop on here and stir things up before I get started again.

Bossman was nice enough to give the slaves the holiday off tomorrow - and I originally had designs on going shed hunting for a couple hours tomorrow, but we got a fresh coating of snow this afternoon that will probably put the damper on that little fiesta. Looks like I'll be stuck here in the house up to my eyeballs in books. bleh

Any news from anyone? Same old, same old?

Here's my latest dilemma:

The wife is on me about getting a dog. She's one of thesewomen like you see on T.V., that has to have some gay dog that she can dress up inpitiful outfits.She WILL get her dog, even if she has to charge the filthy mutt on the mastercard, so I'm in a position where if I don't strike first, I'm stuck withsome ankle-biting fluffball in a pink sweatervest....And that's something that I just can't deal with. SO, I say that I should maybe make a "Pre-emptive strike", and pick out the dog as a "gift," but get the kind of dog that I want. Pretty slick eh? So, even if it's the "wrong breed," (i.e. - not the ankle-biting fleabag that she wanted) no woman can look a puppy in the face and say that she's taking him back. They just can't do it. I'll just play dumb and tell her that I bought the puppy that looked the cutest. (which wouldn't really technically be a lie)

The one I want is called a bernese mountain dog - looks quite bada$$, and would make an awesome wrestling partner. The thing is, this animal will grow to over 100# of pure beastmonster, and he will certainly turn this townhouse upside down. The way I figure, it's better that he demolishes the landlord's place than my own house, so if I can get him trained before we buy a house and move, the damage will be on the landlord, and I'll only be out of a security deposit. That way, I can have the mongrel tamed before the move, and I'll be able to relocate with a properly-trained, mannerly, adolescentpup. They say these dogs are awesome with kids and incredibly smart. She and I each had dogs before we went to college, but our parents both inherited those mutts (I had Golden Retriever, which is awesome- she had a Llasa Apso, which is a dreadfully ugly thing, and she put bows in his hair).Kinda comical, really. You'd really have to see it.

I was gonna save up for a bow, but I figure a gigantic dog would give me more entertainment value, and would get the wife off my back about getting her a dog.

Here's a picture of the Berner - no matter how hard she tries, it'll be awfully hard to sissyfythis guy. Imagine this beast with a bowin his hair. LMAO