HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - TV
Thread: TV
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Austin/WI

Default RE: TV

ORIGINAL: SharpStickHunter

Personally, I would rather watch 30 minutes of describing the local area, scouting, prep, planning, and what was actually seen during an archery hunt without a kill,assuming that you at least show some footage of some wildlife.

I think some producers get so caught up in the typical plot of fictionmovies, where everything must come together at the end for a "victory" ending, that they lose sight of the reality aspect of hunting. Not every hunt ends with a kill, but that doesn't mean they aren't fun and entertaining.

The part Idon't see enough inmost hunting shows iswhenthe unexpected thingshappen on a hunting trip, like flat tires along the way, keys locked in the vehicle. It gives a peek into the character and personality of the person doing the hunt and makes it realistic.
Couldn't Agree More! The Only hunters I really enjoy watching on TV are David Blanton and Tom Miranda. Just Because both of them show some of the scouting and hanging stands and whatnot. Plus, no matter what size buck they take, they're always super excited- and thats an important part of the hunt to me, being excited and proud of what you took.