HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - TV
Thread: TV
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Huntm Up

Default TV

This is a little bit of a vent, and I wanted to grasp some of your opinions. I have the great privilege of working for a company that owns and produces hunting and fishing televisions shows. The show that I am most part of has a title sponsor of a Bow manufacture. But this does not mean it is all bow hunting, we will hunt mostly bow, but when it becomes crunch time, we will bring out the thundersticks. For example the television show "Giant Whitetails" just aired a show about pig hunting. The name is all about whitetails, but that doesn't mean they only hunt whitetails. How many of you hunt with both gun and bow? I love to bow hunt, infact I prefer to bowhunt, but if I get a chance to hunt with a gun, I am not going to pass it up. (Sorrry little bit of a tangent).There are many reasons why a tv host will switch from a bow to a gun. One, in all honestly would you watch a tv show that has absolutely no kills? Two, the money involved in making a hunt. There is a lot of extra cost that people do not think of, and if we don't get an animal there is no show. I could go on and on about it, but I guess I wanted to hear some of your thoughts about it. What do you think?