HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Becoming aGuide
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 08:27 AM
brownie65

Default RE: Becoming aGuide

I have guided for years here in Pike County. It is a fun job that requires alot of work & some long hours. Some very early mornings & late evenings. I have been cutting way back on it,help a couple guys out when they really need it. It cuts into your own hunting so much. For several years I had hardly any time to do my own hunting. I want to hunt more for myself so that is why I am cutting way back on the guiding.
I really agree with huntinglife. You say you want to get into guiding. But don't jump at a guide job with a outfitter just because they contact you saying they need guides & will get you started. Research the outfitter,make sure they are reputable,etc. You want to start out on the right foot. Would hate to see you get started with a outfitter that is not real reputable & things not go good for you. If you decide to guide with one that has a operation in Pike County, PM me & I will give you any info I know about them. 90% of them are good ones but you don't want to get hooked up with that bad 10%.