HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Point Restrictions Isn't the answer....
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2002, 10:40 AM
model722

Default RE: Point Restrictions Isn't the answer....

I don't believe antler restrictions are the answer. You get a person out in the woods he see's horns, he gets excited and shoots, deer goes down, guy walks over to his kill, the buck is only 3 points (his zone says 4point or more),hunter doesn't want to get in trouble, leaves deer. Now wouldn't it have been better if he could have kept this deer instead of wasteing the meat? Oh by the way the deer was 4 years old it just didn't have enough nutrients to grow a big rack it still weighed in at 210#. I think as time is going by hunters are to worried about what they can show off and they're not worrying about whats really happening. I also believe that the deer population is out of wack. Maybe instead of haveing an antler restriction we could have a BUCK restriction for a year or 2. I for one hunt for meat I always look for the bigger deer and never take bambi's(I don't believe in the saying if it's brown it's down). I would love to have a nice 12 point to hang on the wall just like everyone else. When you start putting antler restrictions on deer you are asking for trouble as PA as shown us by the wasted deer meat in the woods.