HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Point Restrictions Isn't the answer....
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2002, 09:24 AM
Fullback

Default RE: Point Restrictions Isn't the answer....

I must add something to this....when I'm talking about taking does, I'm saying to go out and shoot every legal doe that crosses your path...I mean you can if you want and not hear a complaint from me.....I use early archery season to take most of the does I shoot....the rut is weeks off....during early archery season, unless I've a nice buck patterned, then I usually hunt does....I look carefully to make sure that I don't take a button buck....there is a time to let the does walk....during the pre-rut and rut....I'll usually let a doe walk by in hopes of seeing a nice buck following...if a doe comes up, acting like somethings behind her, I'll let her walk...all I'm saying is to use some sense when it comes to doe vs. buck hunting....shoot more does than bucks, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH IT...YOU'RE HELPING THE DEER HERD....AR, even though I'm for it, isn't a cure all for herd balancing....it's up to us....take the does now, and we and our children will reap the benefits.

In our line of work, we must be able to play Dixie and the Battle Hym of the Republic, With Equal Enthusiasm.