HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Point Restrictions Isn't the answer....
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2002, 05:40 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Point Restrictions Isn't the answer....

i duno if this was posted but PA alloted close to 1 million doe liscenses this year...more for counties with more deer and less in counties where there arent so many deer...doe season runs the legnth of buck season and there are a few special doe season allowing even more deer to be taken...the ARs arent for trophys so much...they are to try to get some younger bucks to live longer and pass more on and make more bucks...now if it was the same 3 day doe season i could see the reason for saying they wont work but this year even with the ARs i heard a little less shooting but way less hunters were seen...and this year most hunters had their doe tags showing and last year most were buck hunting...i think alot of does got taken this year and alot of bucks passed because they simply couldnt tell in time...sure the buck harvest may be pretty high still but i think they worked to a certain extant...i think the herd will even out soon...i hope it all works..it was 4 years before i seen a buck while hunting..i see over 20 does a season and not one buck until this year..my buck this year was AR legal too...he made it until 9:15am when i tagged him...