HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Point Restrictions Isn't the answer....
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2002, 04:31 AM
royak
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Point Restrictions Isn't the answer....

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> I keep telling him, &quot;You can't eat the horns.&quot; <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote> If you really feel this way then why agree with the AR. Yes I think everyone would love to have a hugh antlered buck to hang on the wall but I have also seen many people who have spikes ar 3pt mounted and are just as proud of them as can be.

Personally I have only one deer that scored over 130 and yes I am very proud of it but I am just as proud of the 6pt I took this year with my bow and the 5pt from year before last. I do not shoot a deer that I am not proud of. I hunted too many years without a shot at any deer back in the mid 60's to mid 70's. Granted there are plenty of deer right now but with the spread of CWD and other illnesses and most states giving unlimited doe permits in just a couple of years we could see a drastic change.

It can go from too many deer to hardly any deer in just a short time. I have many friends that will not shoot a buck that doesnt make the book and I am glad they feel that way some of them go without a deer many years because that big boy just doesnt present a shot. They can so that as we have 4 bow only counties here in Southern WV but I will also say that those 4 counties are starting to produce a lot of substandard bucks as they call them as the deer pop is getting larger all the time and the hugh bucks are becoming more scarse all the time. I may be wrong (my wife says I am a lot) but I dont think AR is any key to reducing a deer heard I think it is about a state trying to grow bigger bucks and hoping for more hunters money to hunt them. As in come to PA land of the 6pt and above bucks all this is just one man's opinion.

Roy