HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Point Restrictions Isn't the answer....
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2002, 04:02 AM
cardeer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Point Restrictions Isn't the answer....

The buck to doe ratio is out of control in some areas.The areas that are closed to hunting,owned by antis and the suburban areas.The public gamelands are over hunted here in the S.E. and deer are far and few between. My daughter lives next to gamelands 52 in Berks county.The biggest problem is parking and orange people running all over their back yard. I bet they didnt take more then 10 deer out of Gamelands 52 this year. I counted 123 vehicles in the parking lots and 2 deer taken the 1st saturday.But all around the private lands are out of control.What good does a million doe tags do if the majority of the does are locked up??? Smaller management units need to be put in place for starters.A better way to count deer pop.Not all areas are over populated.There is some of that private locked up area that could be opened If the State would butter the bread of the land owner .Not all locked up land is owned by antis.There just scared of having a bad experience with hunters.They pay farmers for not planting certain crops ,why not pay landowners to allow hunters to enjoy these areas? It would be worth the increase in License fees for me anyway