HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MERLIN MAX2000 CENTER SHOT?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2002, 07:26 PM
Jerry/Pa

Default RE: MERLIN MAX2000 CENTER SHOT?

460, My center shot on my Max is set at 11/16. That may not be what yours will measure. You Can set it for 3/4 and then fine tune it out to 40-50 yds with some vertical grouping. Center shot is not limb center. It's the position of your string as it intersects the rest at 90 degrees. There are gauges you can use but you'll still have to fine tune it. Every bow has a sweet spot and add your natual torque and that will be center shot. There's a name for it but I'm not sure. Some of the real techies here will know. Golden Key makes a centering tool and there's another one called E-Z tuning tool. I just line-up my string with the cam grooves and the rest for a rough setting and then fine tune it. As far as your arrow set-up goes. I think that combo is way too stiff. I don't shoot spots but you might as well shoot pool sticks. I didn't know they made a 2613. I been shooting cabon for the last 4-5 years. I think you should be around 2117 or a 2314 with a heavy tip. I didn't know they make a 200 gr. tip. 145-160 is considered heavy. But again I don't shoot spots. Hope this helped. JERRY