HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MERLIN MAX2000 CENTER SHOT?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2002, 06:37 PM
Pinwheel 12
Typical Buck

Default RE: MERLIN MAX2000 CENTER SHOT?

Tape measure from the face of the riser next to the rest holes out. Centershot will be roughly 11/16-13/16" to center of rest. You may get contact with a 26 diameter with a high-profile vane, but you must admit this is on the edge of extreme as far as size goes. Usually dropping to a lower-profile vane will cure this problem.

My advice is to "can" those overspined logs and shoot an arrow that is correctly spined for your setup. 50lbs is awful light for a shaft like that IMO, altho alot of people try them for their line-catching ability. Your bow will be much more forgiving with a correctly-spined shaft, however! Logs will help you catch a line or two, but IMO you shouldn't be hoping for a "line", you should be focusing on the center of the X, and that is it. Gotta put "line" right out of your mind, otherwise your subconscious will put you there. Speed doesn't matter indoors, but forgiveness does. I personally shoot ACE's or ACC's both outdoors and indoors. I figure if I can get 3-4" groups out to 80 yds with them, they are going to be forgiving enough to work at 20 also. Just my own thoughts, Pinwheel 12