HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - QDM and friends
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 12:21 AM
KoBear
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: QDM and friends

ok, the dark side comment was just a lil joke, didnt want u to take it to heart. i apologize if u did and you were offended.

trade off.... how can it not be a trade off? you shoot less deer but you shoot bigger racked deer. that is a trade off.

and higher goals, yea, holding out to shoot a deer that had more than 3 points on a side would be what many would call higher goals.

i am not attacking or trying to be condescending to you or anyone else who is perfectly happy shooting a spike. a spike is a trophy to some. i was there early in my hunting career. there was a point in time that a spike to me was a reason to call everyone in my phonebook and scream on top of my lungs. but i rather pass on that and let my lil brother or cousin have a shot at it. but the people i hunt with the majority of the time all have a bunch of bucks under their belts and continue to shoot small bucks and complain bc i am the only one shooting deer that are not 1 and a half years old (which is the average age of a buck shot in NJ). if this is not your philosophy, dont take it to heart, but a comment from you isnt necessary. i was asking for comments from people who are like minded and have instituted a QDM plan on their property, i was wondering how they did it and pulled everyone together.

and to suggest that i have an "ulterior motive" seemed kinda rude to me and i was offended and felt that i needed to become defensive.