HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 270 wsm ammo
Thread: 270 wsm ammo
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 07:57 AM
CBM SC

Default RE: 270 wsm ammo

I don't know a lot so don't blast me !! But in trying to get my.270 WSM sighted in I found that it shoots much flatter than the ballistics tables I was reading !!

I got it on last weekend with some Federal 140 grain Nosler Accubonds and it is only like 1" high at 100........dead on at 225 and only about 2.5" low at 300 !! I did not shoot a ton this weekend but got these results several times before quitting !!

I had read to sight it in at 2.5" high at 100 and it would be 3.2" low at 300............but in reality I was shooting over the target at 300 yards !!

It would not suprise me to only be dropping 28" or something at 500 yards but who knows............I don't even have a place to shoot that far !! And getting it on at 300 was tough enough !! [8D]

I would like to hear anyone's thoughts on 140 Fed.Nosler Accubonds versus 140 Win.Accubonds........both shoot pretty good out of my gun........the Fed's are rated for deer..........the Win. for elk and up !! But I killed one deer so far withthe Win's and it flopped it(just not a big exit hole) !!