HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Indiana one buck rule
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Indianahick

Default RE: Indiana one buck rule

There have been times and this year was one of them when maybe a fork was all you got to see or got a shot at. Personally I am a meat hunter first. And have taken more does than bucks, I loved it when they started the bonus does back in the 90's. I hunted two different places this year, in one where my and my partner have seen plenty of deer we saw maybe 10-15 all year. In the second I kept wondering why I was never seeing anything close always out in the middle of the corn field and looking toward the edge as the cut straight across. Climbed out of my ladder one morning and went walking, what I found was that someone put a tepee pop up blind about 50 yards from where I had my ladder. I could see my ladder from it. Then went walking down the tree row that the deer come out of to cut across the field, found lots of human tracks to my side of that cut off too. So yes if I had seen a forker close enough to shoot I sure would have. I figger a 150-160 class sure beats a 125 class doe. Oh by the way I like to call pounds as class. I am not out there to put something on the wall if it should show up fine, If not I want meat.