HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 09:51 AM
njbuck22
Nontypical Buck

Default What would you do?

For a while, i have been fascinated with Dall Sheep, i think they are one of the most beautiful North American big game species. That being said, i have never even been on a hunt for one, but im trying to plan to go on a hunt. From talking to a few people who have been on these hunts, and from what i have found on the internet and in books, they are physically demanding hunts, but are in some of the prettiest country on the continent. My problem is this, i absolutely love hunting with my bow. Im not against gun hunting, i do it every year, but getting close enough to an animal so you can hear and see its breath is magical.According to the people i have talked to, hunting them with a bow is doable, but not an easy task at all andyou have a great chance of going home with nothing. With the rifle on the other hand, you probably will get a shot off from my sources.Dall hunting is extremely expensive, i dont know how im going to afford it, but somehow i will, but i know i have to do it atleast once in my life. Here is the question, if you were going on a big game hunt that is bothextremely difficulty and extremely expensive, what would you do, bow or rifle? Im torn cause my ultimate dream would be to take it with the bow, but i cant see spending that money and never even getting close enough to draw on an animal. Lets hear what you all would do in a situation similiar to this. Thank you.