HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bullet Placement
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 07:36 PM
SHoNUFF

Default RE: Bullet Placement

BC: It was a bullet placement thread not limited to deer.

Todd1700, now your just being stupid.
I'm still waiting to hear someone explain thereasonsfor taking a neck or head shot compared to a heart/lung shot. No one eats deer ribs so damaging edible meat is not a valid reason. The only advantage I can think of is that a hit to the CNS of a deer will produce more dropped right there kills when all goes right compared to the 30 to 40 yard death dash of a heart lung hit. So basically you have people taking a much higher risk shot just so they can brag that the deer hit the ground right where he was standing. And that's a really big deal because,..... because,....... because,...... oh wait, Dang, now that I think about it I realize thatit's completely meaningless whether a deer hits the ground right there or runs 30 yards.
as for 30-40 yards after a heart lung shot, I have seen and had to track deer probly close to a mile before after an ATTEMPTED heart/lung shot from more than one VERY seasoned hunter. If you think for one second im gonna beleave you are a better shot or a better hunter than anyone from my former lease you are sadly mistaken. These are guys been hunting and shooting for 30-40+years and botch shots. How is it "MUCH HIGHER RISK"? There is just as much if not MORE risk involved in the heart lung shot. More area to pull/jerk and wound a animal than my shot choice. If I miss the neck, if im off by 1-2" im still hitting the massive V of the neck and the ballistics of the ammo will do the rest. On hogs I aim like RebelHog said, behind the ear. One Deer i go for the V. Personal pref, you dont have to shoot the same if you dont want to .

and zrexpilot
Cause I can.
Yea I agree with that too.