HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Will you believe CWD test results from the DNR?
Old 12-17-2002, 12:36 PM
gunsnbowses
Spike

Default RE: Will you believe CWD test results from the DNR?

I didn't forget the deer near Wausau. I live between Wausau and the Almond deer farm where CWD was detected. The test result from the Wausau deer came back "suspicious" as I referred to it and as of late last week, the private firm analyzing the tests from the Gander kits asked the DNR for a positive sample to compare it to. I still have not seen a report that confirmed it as positive. Maybe I missed it?

And I also noted the newest cases in Illinois in my post. I simply thought all the confirmed tests in wild deer were still considered to be in a relatively small region when looking at the Midwest as a whole. Granted, it still covers a large area. Many people thought CWD was a disease that occurs everywhere in certain deer and has been around for years. I guess I feel that view has not been proven yet, but as nub stated, it is very, very early.

I was simply curious if CWD was brought here accidentally, would the one-time opponents of eradication change their mind if it was finally proven to be "centralized" and not a natural disease? Would the research everyone asked for change their mind? But as Nick pointed out, it may be useless now.