HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shotgun SBE vs. SBE II or neither
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 08:24 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Shotgun SBE vs. SBE II or neither

ORIGINAL: johnshiredman

So, if you were or are in your early thirties and looking to purchase a shotgun for turkey with the added possibility of occationally shooting clays with friends or going pheasant hunting. Would you look at a Super Black Eagle II at $1400 or a usedSBE for $800.

Ordo you have reason to tell me that something else likea Rem 1100 would suit my needs just fine.

Thanks for your input,

J
Yesterday duckhunting, we shot until our barrels melted down. I took my browning gold stalker, and an elder in the church had a SBEII. We both shot and shot in salt water, rainy cold weather, and niether had a problem. I was surprised how much more the SBE kicked over my gold however.

I hunted for years with an 1187 in duck blinds. And can't say I ever had a hicup besides when my gas o ring broke, hense led me to trading for a gold. The gun worked like a champ, but that o ring thing got me mad that day, and I traded a gun that had a great track record. But it all worked out in the end, and think the gold hunter 3" I have is a fine gun too.

Duck hunting is 10X more brutal on a shotgun than turkey or most upland hunting. I can't imagine the need for a SBE for a one shot on turkey, or

People overthink buying a shotgun most of the time. They get caught up in hype, price, and big name. And usually covet the most expensive thing. TheSBEII cost way too much in my opinion. Yes, they are nice reliable design, and cleaning is an ease. If one has the money go for it. But for my hunting where its brutal, I choose to go with a gun under 600 dollars.