Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Shotgun SBE vs. SBE II or neither >

Shotgun SBE vs. SBE II or neither

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Shotgun SBE vs. SBE II or neither

Old 01-20-2007, 12:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Shotgun SBE vs. SBE II or neither

I've got a SBEII and its reliable as all heck. 1- its inertia operated, it does not use the gas' and powder to move the bolt and foul up action, it uses theenergy of therecoil, so it does kick a little harder. But if your a die hard turkey hunter, you know you've got to be able to run & gun, call and reposition. You will not find a lighter auto on the market. But if you don't want to spend the money, look at the Franchi I-12 it's inertia driven also and light as heck! The Beretta is a great gun, but has a long length of pull and weighs more than the above mentioned firearms....
Old 01-20-2007, 09:16 AM
bigcountry

You know I have killed alot of turkeys, and wondered why would someone need a Semi?

Old 01-20-2007, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

You don't, but if you want a gun for all types of hunting then it's not a bad way to go. Sure an H&R single shot Pardner would do just fine, but if you like to hunt upland birds and waterfowl, a semi-auto is not a bad way to go. You can then say, use a pump then, its the shooters preference if he has the means of purchasing the gun, then let him do it. We're just here to help the orig. poster make the right choice, by giving him our opinions...relax with the I don't know why anyone would need an auto....
Old 01-20-2007, 10:04 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: whitetailcrazy

You don't, but if you want a gun for all types of hunting then it's not a bad way to go. Sure an H&R single shot Pardner would do just fine, but if you like to hunt upland birds and waterfowl, a semi-auto is not a bad way to go. You can then say, use a pump then, its the shooters preference if he has the means of purchasing the gun, then let him do it. We're just here to help the orig. poster make the right choice, by giving him our opinions...relax with the I don't know why anyone would need an auto....
Absolutely, if you are a hardcore waterfowler, the SBEII is a good way too go. But 95% of the hunters out there won't go out in spitting freezing rain to duck hunt. You know how I know? Cause I can't get anyone to go with me right now. When its the best time to duck hunt. Its a very expensive gun. I do know some hardcores, that do ultilize thier SBE. But most only go out when its a 40 degree day. But for all around skeet, upland game, squirrel, occasional duck, a person on a budget would be better served with an 1187.

Don't worry about me, I am very relax'd today. I just know most fall in the trap, that "it cost the most, so they need it".

Old 01-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Big country, If I lived closer, I would be more than happy to go hunting, those beautiful full plumed birds with you. I'm trying to look for a Jan., Sea Duck huntfor next year. So will see how the SBE II holds up in the mostextreme weather, but I'll be bring my pumps for back up's, thats for certain.
I hope you understood the point I was trying to make and you didn't get offended. If you did, I'm sorry, not one to cause trouble...
Old 01-20-2007, 12:16 PM
bigcountry

Hey, I have a guy lined up for a sea duck hunting spot this Thursday in Tiglhman Island. But will probably cancel because I only have one other guy lined up. I know its a long shot, but if your interested, spot is open. Poeple say its too cold. If I can't find someone by Monday, I will have to cancel. I didn't win the lotto for a duck spot this year, so I am having to pay to use spots.