HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ML scopes VS. rifle scopes?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 07:18 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: ML scopes VS. rifle scopes?

Rebel Hog

Does the Bushnell have 4.2 eye relief, 75yds fixedParallax and Heavy Duplex reticle?
No the eye relief is not that big, it is only 3.3 on 9 power but back from that it does go over 4". I do not have a problem with recoil so the eye relief has not been a problem. Use the same scope on my 300 Win Mag also. The VX-II's eye relief is only 3.7 on 9 power...

Why would you want a 75 yd parallex? Are not shotgun scopes locked at 50 yards? Bushnells are set parallax free @ 100 yards as most riflescopes are.

The reticle is a fine dual x with ballistic hashes. Great for a ML and I once had a heavy (thick) reticle and really did not like it. It just blocked out to much of the view.

One of the better things about the scope no - scope covers are necessary 90% of the time, heavy snow fall can be a problem rain not a problem.

These are the old Bausch and Lomb scopes, Bushnell bought them out several years ago. They are not the typical low end Bushnell, which by all accounts are great scopes also. Actually I have replaced VX-II's with these and really do like them better and have not seen a difference in lens or light gathering - if any thing these lenses may be better than the old VX-II's.

The 4200 is the best of the line but not the money I want to spend, when the 3200's work so well, I forgot to add the the 44M 3x9x40 is $179.00 and the 44B (ballistic) is $279.00 - both scopes come with a fast focus eye piece if you need it. and on some occasions with us old guys and bad eyes it is really nice.

Just a bigger bang for the buck....