HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I've changed me mind about wolves!!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 12:14 PM
bigbulls
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I've changed me mind about wolves!!

We see the big picture alright and if you are so bound and determined to have wolves take them and let them loose in the big city parks. There is alot of wildlife there for them.
No where have I ever said that I am bound and determined to have the wolf any where.

I think that if managed properly (which is definetly not being done) the wolf canco-exist in specific places in the lower 48. I am 100% all for the delisting of the wolf but I sure as heck don't see smaller deer and elk heards as something for me to risk thousands of dollars, jail time, never being able to posess a firearm again, and never being able to hunt again.

My argument with the folks here is thatattempting to wipethem out again is definetly not what needs to happen. Any time you "wipe out" a species of animal, plant, etc... there will always be some special intrest group on the other side of the fence iching to protect them and reintroduce them.

The wolf is not going to go away at this point. They need to quit making emotional decisions and actually think about how to best lessen the effects of this wolf reintroduction.

Killing them off, or trying to, will do nothing but make hunters look bad, land them in jail, and prolong anything remotely close to being able to legally kill them.