Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 I've changed me mind about wolves!! >

I've changed me mind about wolves!!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

I've changed me mind about wolves!!

Old 01-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I've changed me mind about wolves!!

I guess I failed to see the fence that keeps wolves north of the border. If you check your map again you will see that that great white blank attached to Northern Idaho is in fact Canada. The wolves don't give a rats behind about our borders. They exist on paper only, just like your
so called former Idaho Timber wolf. The grey wolf ranges from Alaska to Mexico.

ORIGINAL: Idaho hunter 58

ORIGINAL: tangozulu

The grey wolf of southern BC is no different than the wolf in Idaho. He just went for a walk. Same wolf different day.
That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. Congrats.

And BB you can do what you want, I don't care.

Oh, and de-listing is a joke, by the time that happens it will be too late.Youreally are thick headed idiot if that's what you are waiting for.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

I guess the answer would be the same as the coyote was mostly out west in the desert areas. But with the wolve removed they traveled all over and are now from the west coast to the east coast. If the wolve was meant to be here they would of done like the coyotes. But they are of a different type and only stay in the ranges they were created too. So why do they have to bring them in if what you say is true? They didn't need to bring the coyote all over the place and they did it! I guess I cannot see your reasoning or perhaps just symply refuse to.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:17 PM

I guess I failed to see the fence that keeps wolves north of the border. If you check your map again you will see that that great white blank attached to Northern Idaho is in fact Canada. The wolves don't give a rats behind about our borders. They exist on paper only, just like your
so called former Idaho Timber wolf. The grey wolf ranges from Alaska to Mexico.

ORIGINAL: Idaho hunter 58

The grey wolf of southern BC is no different than the wolf in Idaho. He just went for a walk. Same wolf different day.
That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. Congrats.

And BB you can do what you want, I don't care.

Oh, and de-listing is a joke, by the time that happens it will be too late.Youreally are thick headed idiot if that's what you are waiting for.
Tango, you continue to out do yourself.
Continue on.I don't feel any need to continue to address your remarks.

Big bulls, If a wolf gets to close enough that I feel threatened its going to be a no brainer about my course of action. Now how close is that you ask...? How far can my gun shoot?

This thread has long since taken off from where it started. Wolves were illegally dumped here, they need to be taken out, however that happens i don't care. Hopefully they are de-listed and we can legally remove them. But, honestly, I don't have a whole lot of faith in that happening anytime soon, even ifIdaho's newGoveneris all for it.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Idaho hunter 58- I don't particularly like your condescending tone there bud.
Just to set the record straight you assertion that"timber wolves" are some smaller cousin of the gray wolf or coyote. Timber wolves are gray wolves. Believe me, growing up and living in Minnesota, spending a whole lot of my life in northeastern MN, where the timber (gray) wolf population is as high a concentration as anywhere in the lower 48, high wolf populations + deep snow = little of no deer and very low moose calf/fawn survival, even in moderate weather years.

I've seen and talked to others who've seen them take down big healthy bucks and moose. I've seen the slabs of deer hide bigger than your open hand that they've pulled off a deer that somehow managed to slip away to live maybe another day. And I've seen the carcassed of many many deer that they ate only the prime cut of meat ofand left the rest and went to kill more. To say nothing about farmers and ranchers who loose many head of livestock to these uncontrolled very large, effective predators at killing.

We in MN where timber wolves have been all along HAVE had federal officers and unofficial "experts" force this over population of wolves on us. They've fought us for years now long after gray wolves passed the recovery goal and now are nearly double that goal in population from delisting the dang things, just so our state DNR and some people in the areas where the wolves range with some first hand knowledge can effectively manage their numbers. Only then will we get away from the wild swings in high deer followed by extreme levels of wolves, down to seeing very few deer after a couple tough winters and big kill offs by the wolf packs, etc. etc.
State and local control, not elimination is what'll work. All other busy bodies need to get busy minding their only state's wildlife and get out of mis-managing ours!