HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do men change when they can't hunt?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 04:51 AM
iowabob85
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do men change when they can't hunt?

It does sound like a job for Dr. Phil. I myself enjoy all kinds of hobbies such as hunting, fishing, golfing, and pretty much everything else outdoors. My wife may say that I am a little too outdoorsy. She tells me that I find a hobby and almost become obsessed with it. She didn't say it in a really nice voice. Here I will let her tell you in her own words.

Please clear the floor for Mrs. Iowabob.

Nice...Hi its Mrs Iowa Bob. This is what I wake up to everyday...Him on this forum typing(pecking) away..its ok...Ten years ago my hubby proposed to me and then added.."I hunt, If you marry me, Thats not going to change. Don't ask me to" (I thought How bad can it be?? then said yes..obviously..) Well, not only does he hunt..but anything else that he can find to do outside...I have seen him mope around after hunting season...almost pathetic..Now, he moves on to his other hobbies. With the drinking??Thats a tough one...Maybe your hubby needs to find another sport/hobby. I know it saved my sanity!!!! Much as I Love him ... easier to love when hes happy!!!(Aren't we all?) Good Luck!