HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do men change when they can't hunt?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 11:28 PM
GSPsnFORDs
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do men change when they can't hunt?

Maybe some of my insight will help. I'm 23 yrs old andALWAYS get depressed around the 2nd to 3rd week of January. Bow season is done, along with quail and pheasant season. This marks the endto the best 3.5 months of the year. But then time rolls toabout mid to late Feb. when shed antler season starts. I spend a whole month depressed/anxious to get back out there. Shed season lasts until late March....sometimes I'll look for antlers into April. Now, the weather is starting to get nice and I can do my summertime outdoor activities and I feel great....fishing, skiiing, rollerblades, bikes, family time with kids....(if you're married), etc, etc.

To me, it is a withdrawal from hunting. I won't deny it and I'm sure others on here feel the same way as I do. What are his other hobbies? More hunting/fishing related things? I'm sure that by now you know what they are. When the seasons are over, do things that you and him both like to do together. (I hope to hell, that I don't come off sounding like Dr. Phil...haha)