HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do men change when they can't hunt?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 10:24 PM
islcqa96

Default Do men change when they can't hunt?

I have been married to my 30 yr old husband for about 2 years now, were dating for5 years prior to that, so for a total of7 years. Every single fall he is all happy, physched and ecstatic about his hunting. Me? I'm all for it, I totally support his passion for it and love that he get's his " thing" to do and look forward to.( most, not if all the other wives I know piss and moan and complain about the husbands being away,) so w/ that you know I'm not ruining his enjoyment.
OK, to my point from January to about September he is the most unbearable son of b*tch to live with. He is an alcholic, drinks non- stop till about September and starts back up again in January.I ignore it... I work 40+ hrs a week, I still cook, cleane, and always have time to fullfill his every need in the bedroom. I don't go out and blow tons of money, nag, I haven't "lost" my looks since we started dating. WHAT THE HECK IS HIS PROBLEM???
I totally understand this is a pretty odd question for the bowhunting forum, but pls understand if I deceided to ask this question to the other women they would go all oprah on me. That to me isn't a "fair" answer to my question. I do read this forum often, ( I like to be educated about my husbands hobby) gives us something to talk about other then annoying female B.S. lol I do see how unbelievable knowledgable you all are, and seem to get to the point with every other question, I'm just hoping you can be that way with this one.
If I can get a "mans" view on this maybe I will understand this . I don't bring it up to him because I don't want to be a bother to him. so, No, I never talked to him abut it.
Is this like withdrawl from hunting for him?? Can I do anything to help him with his no hunting depression? or, is he insane and I should just leave him?
Thank you very much for your time.