HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - you get what you pay for
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 01:28 PM
newman1

Default RE: you get what you pay for

ORIGINAL: sngehl01

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

Are these carbon arrows from Bass Pro that are called (there) Carbon Tech, or are they actually Carbon Tech (as in McKinney) arrows? I would not be happy with that either, but it is about a 180 degree difference from my experience with Carbon Tech Cheetahs.
Bass Pro's arrows are dubbed Redhead arrows.

They are made by Carbon Express, I believe. There are Carbon Fury (10, 11 gpi, 250 or 350 spine, +-.006") 45$ a dozen

Carbon Supreme (don't remember GPI, maybe a half grain or so lighter then the fury's, .250 or .350 spines, come with blazers or durvanes, also come crested if you'd like, +- .003", have a "bufftuff" finish) 70$ and up.

Carbon Maxx (don't remember GPI again, .250 or .350 spines, blazers or duravanes, available crested, +- .0025", supposed to be a great arrow) 89$ a dozen I think.

I've had great luck with the redhead arrows so far. The Carbon Fury's are almost a mirrow to the dominator 300 (a little heavier, which could be good or bad depending on what you value more, KE or FPS).
Be that asit may sngehl01,They are Carbon Tech(as in Rick McKinney)asJOE PA asked.I would not shoot Bass Proarrows if you gave them to me.