Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 you get what you pay for >

you get what you pay for

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

you get what you pay for

Old 01-09-2007, 11:57 AM

Default you get what you pay for

Early this season i bought some Carbon Tech arrows at Bass pro,that were mismarked ,or so i thought.I just went to my basement to take a few shots and lookey what happened[&:][:'(][:@]I do not know what could have caused this sort of thing.I am just glad it came apart inside my target and not into my arm.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: you get what you pay for

well i bought a lot of arrows now in the past year. But i mean i have only paid 50 for a dozen. I have not broke one.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:17 PM

sorry,forgot to upload pic[&:]

Old 01-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

you hit something hardinside of that target to do that kind of dammage to that shaft
Old 01-09-2007, 02:11 PM

Its a brand new target
Old 01-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are these carbon arrows from Bass Pro that are called (there) Carbon Tech, or are they actually Carbon Tech (as in McKinney) arrows? I would not be happy with that either, but it is about a 180 degree difference from my experience with Carbon Tech Cheetahs.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:33 PM

No,the are actually Carbon Tech.I have Whitetail XP's that i absolutely love and have NO issues with at all.The arrow in question is a Carbon Tech Rhino.I paid $59.00 for a dozen.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

well it could be just one bad arrow. I mean has any others done it yet. I get my arrows from dicks for 50 a dozen. they are called monster bucks but this time i went up in grade to easton epics. I like them a lot now. I think that is what i am going to stick to, maybe you should try them.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Weak arrows(for whatever reason)+new target= reason to becareful. My take on the experience anyways.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:46 AM

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

Are these carbon arrows from Bass Pro that are called (there) Carbon Tech, or are they actually Carbon Tech (as in McKinney) arrows? I would not be happy with that either, but it is about a 180 degree difference from my experience with Carbon Tech Cheetahs.
Bass Pro's arrows are dubbed Redhead arrows.

They are made by Carbon Express, I believe. There are Carbon Fury (10, 11 gpi, 250 or 350 spine, +-.006") 45$ a dozen

Carbon Supreme (don't remember GPI, maybe a half grain or so lighter then the fury's, .250 or .350 spines, come with blazers or durvanes, also come crested if you'd like, +- .003", have a "bufftuff" finish) 70$ and up.

Carbon Maxx (don't remember GPI again, .250 or .350 spines, blazers or duravanes, available crested, +- .0025", supposed to be a great arrow) 89$ a dozen I think.

I've had great luck with the redhead arrows so far. The Carbon Fury's are almost a mirrow to the dominator 300 (a little heavier, which could be good or bad depending on what you value more, KE or FPS).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.