HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A good way to get an idea?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 01:17 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: A good way to get an idea?

I pulled a good one on a bunch of friends one day pheasant hunting. We were allowed two birds a day. As we unloaded the dogs and got the shotguns out, we were doing what all hunters do, kidding each other. They of course teased me about my old dog, but knew she never missed a bird, even though like me, she was slow as molasses in winter when she worked a field. My friends dog, you needed track shoes to keep up with him.

As I watched them stuffing their pockets with shells, I pulled the double barrel out. Immediately they began to tease me about using a double barrel as they all used Remington Semi Automatic shotguns. I then reached into the box and removed two shells. I loaded two in the gun, and put the boxof shells back in the truck. They just howled about, what if you miss? I just smiled and told them I had no intention of missing. I also did not tell them I had five more shells from hunting the other day in the other pocket.

I headed out to a different part of the field since my dog had one fault. She was not social. Any other dog in the area of me got confronted by her, rather ruff. She was fine by herself, just not a team player, and I never could break her of that. At the end of the day we all met back at the trucks. I had my two roosters with two shots. I then told them they must be about wore out, carrying all those extra shells.