HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Waterdog!!
Thread: Waterdog!!
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 12:41 PM
SwampTHING

Default RE: Waterdog!!

Shammy thats really my problem with those things,, the guys who get them alot of the times are where the real problem lies. I know there are lots of trainers that swear by them.But if a dog that is going to be used for hunting once or twice a week and it is trained right from the get-go, there is no need for them in most situations. Even a 3 year old dog can be trained to be usable,,as long as he already has the basic sit, stay, etc. commands down already,, and someone is willing too put in the time. and im not talking playing fetch with a tennis ball.

Unfortunately our duck season closed on dec.20 and goose on jan.4(garbage goose limits, soI dont target them). We are coverred up thick with everything from mallards and blacks too the biggest numbers of divers Ive seen all year,, and more geese than you could shake a flag at! I had a very good year, I was right at 90 birds for the year and only had 1 skunk and only 10 birds were divers and those were cans and reds.

No water is frozen over,, maybe some small ponds are, absolutely no snow cover on the fields, and no one is shooting at them anymore. If it stays like this, you wont be getting anything more from this area.