HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how many of you have cut yourselves while gutting a deer?
Old 01-05-2007, 08:36 PM
pdoughertyMU

Default how many of you have cut yourselves while gutting a deer?

Be honest, becuase I know thousands do a year.

In fact, It happened to me this year. I was using a very sharp knife, and was slicing through the skin like butter, it caught on something and then cut through it and my arm flung up and the blade got me in the wrist. A large gash that left skin hanging back resulted, where you could easily see the muscle in my arm. 14 stitches were needed, and luckily i hit no veins, arterys or tendons. but by a very sllim margin. also luckily my knife was very sharp, and i felt literally no paiin because it was so deep. surprisingly it also didn't bleed much at all after the initial squirt that occured.

I wasn't even cutting towards myself. was sideways cutting away, and the knife got stuck at just the wrong angle. I don't even like thinking about it. It looked really grousome.

BE CAREFUL

i now have a nastily large scar on my wrist, and it looks like i tried to kill myself. But it took a good 2 months to heal, and it just fully scarred over this week.

I heard a lot of people get themselves in the leg, and they bleed to death because they hit an artery.