HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wyoming Black Hills
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 08:26 PM
turkeyhunter_15

Default RE: Wyoming Black Hills

I went out there the last to years and stayed right in the National Forest in a Pick-up Camper. I love hunting out there. Got one out there this previous Spring. This year Texas. Its free to stay in the N-F. And deffinetly a gas saver then going from Hotel to woods. In N-F your in the woods! Only bad part is last year the day we got there. It snowed about 3ft of snow the day before. So it was tough going. But in 3 days it was all gone. Persistance pays off out there. If you go too soon, There hanging out on the Private land. The number one thing I learned with thos gobblers. Is, I called one morning at a gobbler 200 yards away in a gully, He hammered hard. I hunted him for 6 days in same spot and no matter what I tired he did something diffrent. I wound up getting a gobbler to respond on private land about a mile away. No matter what call...He hammered. So I hit the call hard. In most guys terms to much calling. I shut-up and walked to camper. Went back out 3 hours later. I set up and just gt situated where I heard him and he gobbled on his own. called him right up to me! Same thing happend with my buddy the year before.
Good luck out there. Fun country