HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Omega Update. Success at long last!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 07:01 PM
outdoorslover

Default Omega Update. Success at long last!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys! I am in a good mood today. I got to shoot the Omega. I can tell you one thing after todays shooting--it is twice the gun the Apex is!

I shot it three times at fifty yards and got it sighted in! The first two were low and right so I adjusted. The third was just low so I adjusted one more time. The next five shots made a tight little circle around the bullseye--all touching. It was about a 2 inch group. One thingI can tell you is I was feeling pretty good right then. I knew right away that this gun was a more accurate ML. I knew it was dead on anda little high at 50 so I decided to go for the ultimate test--I went to 100 plus yards. This also went well. I had some good shots and after a little shooting starting getting some good groups. It turns out that if it's dead on at 50 it'll be about 3 inches low at 100. I had a tight group just low at the end--about two inches. I had stray shots but this was before I shot a while.

I am extremely pleased. I know for sure that theApexhad a barrel problem. I started thinking it was me that was the problem and it's nice to have my confidence back. That Omega is one hell of a nice gun. I am much more pleased with it and feel sure I made the right choice.

I found some other features I like better. It is nicer to load than the Apex.
It doesn't smack your fingers on the barrel cause it loads smooth for some reason. The action loosened up and now opens really nice yet snaps shut tight. The sights are definetely nicer and easier to see. The ramrod is a flawless simple thing and will last forever. The stock is wonderful as well. I could go on all day but I'll just say that I have absolutely NO complaints with this gun. It has no problems at all and seems a flawless piece of equipment. I am wonderfully satisfied and know I got the right gun.

Some more details---

It was windy today, probably 12 mph. It didn't affect the bullets noticeably. I swabbed between each shot.I used open sights of course. I had my good old load of 100 grains pyrodex, 300 grain XTP Mag sabots and CCI primers.

Iwill now state that the Omega is a much better deal and better gun than the Apex. The Apex seems wonderful until you get your hands on the top of the line product. It makes anything else a last resort. I recommend that anyone looking at guns save and buy the Omega. I don't want to argue about the whole thing. That's just my opinion.

I would post pics of the targets but I'm short on time. You'll just have to take my word for it. Thanks for all the help and encouragement from everyone.