HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Heavy arrow, more KE....light arrow, more speed..??
Old 12-23-2006, 08:08 AM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Heavy arrow, more KE....light arrow, more speed..??

Not that he needs my support as he can take care of himself, but.. I agree with just about 95 percent of every thing Arthur says. And yes, in bowhunting for 50 years(back when no one else did it) Arthur is probably one of the more knowledgeable guys you'll find on the subject. He may be opinionated(aren't we all a little bit) but he knows of what he speaks. When he began Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet, there were no TV celebs telling you how to do it, there were no treestands, compounds, replaceable blade broadheads or just about anything we take for granted today.No stabilizers, string loops, fancy rest and sights, or store bought strings. Arrows you made yourself from wood. He started with a stick and string with no guidance and became proficient. He's seen it all. Heck, he's been bowhunting twice as long as some of you have lived. Does he know EVERYTHING??? I'd say he knows everything he needs to to constantly kill deer. Do I think anyone on here will come up with something he needs to kill deer. Nope, he'll kill them anyway. New gadgets come and go, get replaced etc, but they're not necessary for Arthur to kill deer. His way of hunting is pretty much mapped out. I agree with a heavier arrow as do most physicist. Arthurs preference for hunting technique is a short range sport. It's pure to him, and people want to take shots at him. You say he knows everything.... he does for his method of hunting. Don't begrudge him that. You disagree fine, but don't hint he doesn't know how to hunt and isn't successful. Ya'll should be so pure and proficient.