HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need new load advice
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Duckbutter48
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need new load advice

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

The MMP HPH-24 Black 45cal/50cal sabot should go down your barrel really easy.... Its counterpart (so to speak is the regular Harvester). MMP also make a three petal EZ load sabot for 45/50 cals that is even thinner than than the 24. Harvester makes their really thin version and calls them "crush rib" they make these in both 44 cal and 45 cal for 50 cal gun.
Is the MMP HPH-24 made by Havester or are they a seperate company. I dont know if that is an abreviation oris that a completely different sabot manufacturer

If I go with the Crushed Rib from Harvester, do I just need to get the 44cal sabots or are there more then one type of Crushed Rib for the 44cal?

It is a complete SOB to get the SST's down the barrel, I usually carry a small block of wood with me for leverage on the rod. I just always figured they were supposed to be that tight. They've always shot great for me so I guess I thought no pain no gain when I loaded them. THe combo of how expensive they are and how hard they are to load kept me from shooting the ML barrel that often. Im planning on changing that this year.

How much am I looking at going with the 25acp convo and do yal know where I should order it.

Thanks again this was the exact help I needed. I have been shooting ML's for a while but to be honest Ive always just bought the prepackaged stuff sighted them in with an average amount of loose powder, got pretty good groups and went hunting. I've never really got into all the new cool stuff out. I also recently acquired my hunting property and nowhave some longer shot possibilities.

I do understand Im not going to get a 300yard load but need a little more distance then just normal woods hunting. The BC on the 270grn Gold Dots is pretty good compared to some of the others so theywill be the ones to try 1st. Around here Gander Mountain sells them for about 12 bucks for a box of 50, so the price also right.