HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrows...What do I need to do?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 05:50 PM
PAstew

Default RE: Arrows...What do I need to do?

Hey big,

This isn't your fault in the least. First, the archery guy at cabelas didn't sell you the correct arrows. 55/70's are too stiff in spine weight for your bow. And, shooting vanes of a shelf is another reason they are flying weird. They are cut way too short as well. Are they the hunters? If so, they are 8.7 grains per inch. At that arrow length they are only 245 grains. With 100 grain tip and 12 grains for insert and 8 for vanes only gives you a total of 365 grains in arrow weight. At 47#'s that's 7.7 grains per pound of draw weight. Way too low for a traitional bow. You should be at 425 grains minumum.

I'm sorry to say but, unless you can put 250 grains up front, I doubt you will ever tune those arrows. Even at that much weight up front, you may never be able to.

What type of string is on the bow? Is it a fast flight or flemish?What isthe bows'brace height? Measure from the deepest part of the riser to the string.What is thestring nock height from the shelf. In other words, if you placed a bow square perpendicular on the shelf and clipped it onto the string,how high is the string nock from being level with the shelf?

You may need to raise the brace height, by twisting the string counter clockwise, 1/4". That should be around4 or 5complete turns of the string. But don't raise it too much above the manufacturesr recommendation. You may also need to raise the string nock 1/8" to 1/4".

Unfortunately those arrows are going to be a problem. I'm sorry to say that but he cut them like he would for a compound instead of tuning them to your bow to get the proper length and spine wieght.