HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which muzzleloader for under $200 for a newb?
Old 12-20-2006, 04:48 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Which muzzleloader for under $200 for a newb?

TUK101

There are severalplaces in Spokane you can get yourself a new ML. Better yet would be to go over to the Black Speep in Coeur D' Alene. I was just in there and they have areallygood selection...

The Washingtonrules say you need an exposed breech - thay are several inline ML's thatqualify for that also, it does not have to be a sidelock. Washington allows you to use sabots but you need to use an all lead bullet, and/or shoot lead power belts or conicals...

There are several $200 ML's out there - mostly by mail order - In my book the NEF would not be my first choice - but no matter you cannot use it anyway because you can not use 209 ignition you have to use caps....

Cayugad really like hisTC black diamond XR - I think his is an XR - the breech bolt area gets dirty but it is an accurate gun. There is also Knight Bighorn - they sell a lot of them over there. I gave my son-in-law a A&H that meets the qualifications.

Take a trip to White Elelephant or Sportsmans Warehouse and handle a few - see what one you like... Mail orders can be delivered right to your house if you find the right one.

Keep asking questions... will this be your first ML? Do you Archery Hunt?

mike