HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Diseased Deer? Pics
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 11:28 AM
SteveO KanevO

Default Diseased Deer? Pics

Hey guys. I shot this six point this weekend ending my season in Tennessee. I lost my bow tag because it wasnt filled during the last week of bow season. But I've had my best season yet. I am extremely over joyed. The buck I shot this weekend had some very unusual growths underneath his skin. I didnt notice when I shot him that anything was wrong he looked like a normal deer on the outside. After I field dressed him, I skinned him out and then began to cape the head out. Im going to try out some taxidermy for the first time!!! Anyway as I was caping out the neck I cut into a pocket that was filled with yellow fluid and the remnants of tissue. Attached to the skin inside of this pocket was a protrusion of flesh that was colored pink. Only after this did I start noticing other details. Like a sunken hole about the size of a silver dollar next to the backbone between the front legs. Also it looked like there posion ivy all over the meat underneath the skin. I know it wasnt posion ivy but thats what it looked like. I should know.....I'm allergic, and it sucks. I was wondering if anyone knew what it is. I have never seen anything like it before. I didnt take any pictures of the deer just of the rack. Sorry, I can get a picture of the protrusion on the cape. Anyway let me know if anyone knows what was wrong with my deer.