HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - @@-Bullet Found- @@- Don't OverDrive PowerBelts-Pics
Old 12-17-2006, 08:31 AM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Don't OverDrive PowerBelts-Pics

ORIGINAL: ol eagle eyes

I was wondering, are the platinum powerbelts built with thicker jacketing? Just curious what the difference was why they made the plat series.

Talked to my dad today, he shot a deer last weekend with his 270gr plat powerbelt. he uses a pretty hot charge, 110gr of 777. As I expected, he reported the bullet did fragment into a few pieces (no pass through). I mentioned to him about some of the things said in the thread, but he seemed more than happy about his bullet exploading and 'doing lots of internal damage'. To each his own I guess. I would like to push the velocity up myself, but will be using something else, was just trying out the platinums this fall and was what I was sighted in for when the season came around.
to each your own thinking,if you use hollow point bullet YOU MUST PUT IT BEHIND SHOULDER OR IN NECK..

if you are type of hunter. like i hunt in,in thick laural of pa.possible running shot,brush in front of deer,hard to get side behind shoulder shot ,other hunters close on publicland, i would NOT use powerbelt unless you hunt like i do..

i only shoot at clear shot behind shoulder or in neck..if buck is any other direction,he walks..

this is why the MAXI-BALL 370 is best all around bullet for the .50 cal..you can load it hot or cold..it WILL ppunch hole thru a buck..it will break shoulder and keep on going..it will work on buck that is not in best postion for shot.

so, you may say, SPROUL, why dont you use it then?i dont like BORE BUTTER IN WINTER and i like to shoot my flintlock as light a charge as i can and still feel the bullet will open up..i only shoot behind shoulder or neck..

powerbelt does that at 80 grs,2f geox,bore button,295 pb,rmc v-peep,NO KICK..