HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 5, maybe 10 years into 1.5
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 05:42 AM
txjourneyman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 5, maybe 10 years into 1.5

Well Jeff, I'm 45 and last year was my 1st bowhunting. I too have been lucky although without some of the luxuries you mention. I can't afford a 4 wheeler and I've had to drag all 4 deer I have killed in the past 2 years, not to mention hogs. My age hasn't helped me gain permission to hunt. Here in Tx a checkbook gains permission. I have a daughter at home that will be 2 on Sunday, ( I can't wait for the party!). I have a wife that started getting antsy after 2 months of me being gone almost all day on weekends. So it is all a matter of perspective really. Age has helped me get more responsible so I can do more with better stuff however I did start with lesser, (I won't call it inferior), equipment. I made my first bow kill last year, a hog, with an Alpine bow I purchased new at Acadamy for $200. My wife shoots that bow now. I moved up to a Diamond. My brother in law introduced me to bowhunting although I have learned much more right here at HNI. Its rather ironic that I now can teach him some things. So the net is a luxury we share. Greg