HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Newbie with a Sidekick and a few ??
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 08:24 AM
Pglasgow
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Newbie with a Sidekick and a few ??

ORIGINAL: DaveC

Well I swapped out the order for the bases.

I called Gander mountain and the clerk (after placing me on hold for ~5 minutes) said they didn't carry the Ballets. So I'm hoping they at least carry the hornady version. I wasn't going to ask another question since the response took so long.

I might have to order them, I'll know come Friday.
There are two bass-pro shops along the way to my lease if I could convince my hunting partner to make a stop. BUT time is always a concern when your driving 7 hours away to hunt.

BB's & loose powder for an 80 grain charge- got it.
Is that 80 grains of 777 or 80 grains of anything?
The ballistics I provided were for 80 grains pyro P. 80 grains 777 2F should give just a little extra velocity. You don't need any more than that. 3f GOEX BP will bein the neighborhood50 fps less than the Pyro P (from finding in my notes, a 50 fps difference for80 grains when using CVA 300 BS) 50 fps won't dramatically affect the flight of the bullet. So 80 grains of any of the above powder should work. I like BP the best in my Sidekick (but I haven't tried 777).BTW thesidekick HATES APP powder, so would notrecommend you attempt to use it this season unless you have plenty of time torange test itto a precision andaccuracy you can live with.