HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer pics
Thread: Deer pics
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 12:28 PM
SteveO KanevO

Default Deer pics

Sorry guys havent posted in awhile. Been too busy workin' or huntin'. I'll be hitting the woods this Thursday with my bow. Its bow only for 4 days and I still have 2 buck tags left. I shot this deer the afternoon of opening day of gun season. I saw more deer that afternoon than I have put together all season. It was crazy. Mostly does and some younger bucks and one spindly eight point. Then this guy came strutting along the tree line across the field all bristled up and his ears laid back. I sized him up and noticed he was HUGE. All except his rack was lacking. I dont know how old he is but there is no way he is less that 4 1/2, soI nominated him very quickly as the first cull buck of the year. He weighed a Whoping 198 lbs. A deer of this size in my area is almost unheard of. My buddy took a3 1/2 year old 8 point this weekend with my muzzleloader that weighed in the 130 lb range if that says anything for the size of the deer where I hunt. Anyway I thought Id post these pics and hopefully I'll have some more by this weekend!! Good luck to everyone.

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/steveokanevo/?action=view&current=Buck2.jpg

-SteveO