Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer pics

Old 12-12-2006, 12:28 PM

Default Deer pics

Sorry guys havent posted in awhile. Been too busy workin' or huntin'. I'll be hitting the woods this Thursday with my bow. Its bow only for 4 days and I still have 2 buck tags left. I shot this deer the afternoon of opening day of gun season. I saw more deer that afternoon than I have put together all season. It was crazy. Mostly does and some younger bucks and one spindly eight point. Then this guy came strutting along the tree line across the field all bristled up and his ears laid back. I sized him up and noticed he was HUGE. All except his rack was lacking. I dont know how old he is but there is no way he is less that 4 1/2, soI nominated him very quickly as the first cull buck of the year. He weighed a Whoping 198 lbs. A deer of this size in my area is almost unheard of. My buddy took a3 1/2 year old 8 point this weekend with my muzzleloader that weighed in the 130 lb range if that says anything for the size of the deer where I hunt. Anyway I thought Id post these pics and hopefully I'll have some more by this weekend!! Good luck to everyone.

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/steveokanevo/?action=view&current=Buck2.jpg

-SteveO
Old 12-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer pics

Nice buck, big deer. Way to go, SteveO
Old 12-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would have dropped him too. He's a pig. Congrats!
Old 12-12-2006, 12:42 PM

The crazy part is after he dropped I just sat still and deer after deer just kept on coming into the field. One little four point went up to the deer I shot and started sniffing and raking him with his antlers and 2 secs after that the eight point came out and they sparred in the middle of the field. They exited and slipped back to the truck
Old 12-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Spike

Congrats on the deer, he definitly will help fill your freezer. Also with that size rack at that age you wouldn't want his gene's in the herd that you hunt anyway.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:48 PM

congrats