HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tough decision as a land owner.....
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 10:04 AM
jhalfhill

Default RE: Tough decision as a land owner.....

ORIGINAL: gamehunter1269
I would have told them that they are not welcome back after the first deer because you should not let them get away with such actions when you have already laid down the rules.
I am attending college and am not at home. I didn't hear about anything until all four had been shot, or believe me they would have got their fair warning after the very first.

ORIGINAL: PA BOW HUNTER
before I give you my opinion let me first ask is it possible there is some miscommunication going on here?
No miscommunication at all. They killed all four of them within 200 yards of my house, and even gutted the two button bucks less than 30 yards from my deer pen. No reason why they couldn't have drug them out into the field somewhere. I spoke with my cousin recently and was able to have a mature discussion about it. He tried feeding me the line that they "don't have as much money as us and he needed the meat". When he said this, I simply compared my status to his. The only thing he is in debt to right now is a truck payment. Their land, house, everything else has been in their family for years and paid off. I'm round about $50,000+ in debt due to student loans as we speak. That figure will nearly double before I graduate. I have a ****ty kitchen job that barely gets me through the bills. He work 50-60 hours per week, getting overtime on an already decent amount of money.

Thats was a poor excuse, and I told him that. If anybody would meat it would be me. I informed him that if i hear of only ONE MORE doe/or button buck being killed in any of the coming years without my permission, that he WILL lose all hunting privelages there for life. No excuses. Don't even risk it.