HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - @@-Bullet Found- @@- Don't OverDrive PowerBelts-Pics
Old 12-11-2006, 09:35 AM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Don't OverDrive PowerBelts-Pics

ORIGINAL: Hunter John

Lane - Yes indeed, very interesting thread. I will be sure to pass on to a buddy of mine who has been shooting PBs for 3 years and has yet to get a pass thru on even a 90 lbs animal broadside!

eldeguello - I noticed the same thing; the super high-priced Platinums seem no better than the regular high-priced PBs. Gotta wonder if it is a marketing ploy...give a shiny silver bullet a nice name and they will come I guess.[][:@]

I'll tell ya what, I know that many a ML shooter has experienced great accuracy with this projectile, but until they change their design so that a guy can at least seat one on top off 100 grs of Pyro, they'll never convince me to stuff one down my ML. To many other workable options out there to take a chance on a PB.

Geez, just use lead with a slightly harder antimony and you'd probably be on your way to solving this PB blowup problem. What gives?

I'll stick with my maxiballs & xtps for now....until I run out...then it's on to the gold dots. Thanks for the gold dot reviews guys!
i am no expert on muzzleloaders, so take what i feel as just info..

if i was using inline shooting close with full load of powder,close would be out to 100 yards,i would not use a light powerbelt but would use the heaviest one.like 338 up to 405..

after seeing picture here,that light powerbelt with full load is no good..

me, if i was shooting inline i would want the hotest load i could get and bullet that would STAY together..

powerbelt is not one for inline shooting at max..

now, with flintlock, just opposite for me..i want a load that does not kick, shoots great groups,less noise/smoke..by LOADING down,which 80 grs of 2f geox in my .50 cal,is not a real hot load,i can get great groups with the 295 powerbelt AND i know that bullet will OPEN UP..

but again, i never shoot over 80 yds most of time..if i went say to 90 grs or 100 grs of 2f geox,i would move up on the bullet weight to the 338..

when i used MAXI-BALLS they would go right thru buck,they are best bullet i have ever used..370 gr was best..

i hate them for only 1 reason, i dont like bore butter in winter and dont like messing with it in gun in WINTER..summer i use bb all time with my roundballs ,winter,NO WAY!!

powerbelts let me use CLEAN barrel and are not messy and go in real nice in 5 below zero here in pa..

again, any hollow point bullet pushed hard will BLOW-UP if it hits bone..i seen 90 gr.sierra hollow point bullets that hit stomach of deer,no bone and never came out the other side and you could not find bullet..

hope this helps from someone would has not tested PB bullet but has tested bullets on many deer in 50 years..

personelly to sum it up..SHOOT FAST /LIGHT BULLET DONT USE PB..shoot light/med,powerbelt is bullet i want and as i said, my 295 at 80 grs of 2f geox on huge 8 point buck,behind shoulder,went right thru deer and dropped that buck where he stood..

no maxi-balls for me in flintlock now,its POWERBELT!!