HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tough Trigger on the ProHunter
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 07:29 AM
jdavis1

Default Tough Trigger on the ProHunter

I finally shot my ProHunter last night.... at a deer. She caught me climbing up the tree at about 6-7 feet. 40 yards out. I stopped faced the tree, pulled my gun up, untied it, loaded it, turned around, squeezed the trigger, thought damn I didn't cock, looked down the hammer was cocked ..?.. tried again.....BOOOOM,
She never flinched, gave her a minute to drop... nothing, turned back around, loaded, turned around, found her browsing at ~50 yds, PULLED the trigger, she flinched, thought I hit her until I saw a tree limb in front of waving around, she continued walking, I loaded and through my last bullet at her...... nothing. All the time I'm thinking this thing must be shooting high, cuz I'm not seeing any snow fly up from the ground, so I'm shooting lower each time, and still being fooled by the hard trigger pull.

Now you guys are prob saying what a lousy shot..... I'v shot a lot of deer at greater distances, always open sights. Two weeks ago I droped a doe at ~80 paces with an old British 303. Pic attached.

I climbed out of the tree to resupply. Found a pizza box, set it up, walked out 50 yards, drilled it 1" low and right of center. 100gr FFF, 250 shockwave. I think the trigger pull is messing with me.

Anyway to lighten the pull on these things?

Thanks

ps You'll notice just inside the deers left eye the entry, the exit was out through the base of the skull, (occipital area)