HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 3-D shooting Help/Info
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 03:03 PM
BGfisher
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 3-D shooting Help/Info

I wouldn't rule out 3D tournaments, but for now you just need to get your feet wet so local shoots will get you started. What rules about equipment? It varies sometimes from club to club unless it's an IBO or ASA qualifier.

Your hunting equipment should be good enough for now. You have to start somewhere. You might later on get some arrows and change your setup strictly for 3D (lighter arrows and such). For now the idea is to get started and have fun with it. And if and when it isn't fun anymore then quit.

When you first start try to keep things comfortable. Most places range finders are not allowed. Depending on who you're shooting with, if you're not comfortable with a shot because it's too long or whatever ask to move up. You're not out there to lose and/or destroy arrows. That'll happen anyway over time. Don't let your ego get in the way of common sense.

That last sentence is a good one. Some of us guys have several bows. I know I have too many. One is a dedicated 3D outfit. And I got a new one coming. Nothing like walking up to shooting stake with a couple grand worth of gear on ya----and missing. LOL.