HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how to deal with problem?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 08:47 PM
stillhunter.280

Default how to deal with problem?

hey guys some help would be great, not sure if this is the right forum for this question but since it occured in PA i thought here would be right,
Ran into a complete freaking idiot hunter on 3rd day of season, up at camp in Potter Cty, we have about 100 acres of private landin state forest, guy is on our property, no big deal not posted as long as guys not runniong 4whlrs we fine with that, but he is not wearing a stitch of orange and as I am glassing him from behind with my 12x binos i can see no licenses, now i go down to ask what in the worlds he is doing, thinking maybe he not have gun just filming or something, i get to him, he does have gun, i ask him politley to please put his orange on and he acts like he deaf ( he ain't), well after getting into argument with him over orange i finally point my gun into ground down hill away from him and state "you will put that orange on or i will make enough noise to scare every deer from here to the next ridge away for all day", he puts his orange on, i say thank you, heck of a lot safer and move on however whole time i am talking, not shouting, he has put his gun pointed in my direction, so i didn't pursue license issue thinking maybe he had in his pocket, and not wanting to piss him off further(i have met many guys over the years who do that license in pocket thing, not technically legal but anyway). i talked to a state cop about the whole thing a couple days ago and he says that with no ID info i can't really do anything about the unsafe firearms issue, does anyone here know anything on how to report people like this, do you need photos or something to prove it to the PGC or state cops for prosecution or what?