HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New arrows
Thread: New arrows
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 04:15 PM
awshucks
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New arrows

Better accuracy w/ b-heads, better penetration, shoot quieter, less vibration, easier on the xbow. I changed all of my stock Excals to the 431 gr. [18 of em]. Danny Miller, the US rep for Excal turned me onto them, don't think he even carries the stock Excals, and Ten Point uses them. I don't know what bow you have, but those 360 gr are too light for compounds. If your next question is how much fps difference, lol, [mine was] figure 1 fps for every 5 gr difference in weight, so 71gr/5=14 fps slower. Edited to add: The shafts are the same on all three, all made by GT. The 10 pts weigh around 420 gr vs 431 gr I think because they have a plastic nock vs aluminum, no real difference to speak of. The 431's have about 20% FOC which is supposedly according to legend, lol on the high side. I changed my FOC to 15% and could see no difference in group size at 50 yds. The fact that Ten Point sells them as standard issue should tell you something, as they are into quality and performance big time. Hope this helps ya some!