HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Funnels
Thread: Funnels
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2002, 05:37 PM
Cisco

Default RE: Funnels

Just to expand a little bit on what kgkoon said. Funnels are just what they imply. For example where I hunt there is a fairly deep drainage ditch that runs from a hill top all the way to the bottom to a pond the ditch runns about 200 yds. Since the deer moving through that area aren't inclined to move right across the drainage ditch they move up to the top of the hill where the ditch begins and the terrain is better for passing. I set my stand up at the top of the hill and on heavily used trails and I see lots of deer. Believe me hunting funnels is probably the single best thing you can do to increase your chances of seeing deer. Alot of people really can't even identify funnels and it is such a simple concept. I only really became aware of hunting funnels a few years ago. And it really does work. I think there was an article in one of the whitetail magazines recently describing a set up similar to mine. I was thinking to myself those guys must of gone and scouted my spot out. Anyway another example of a funnel and one my buddy uses is a fence that runs a few hundred yards but between two of the post the top wire has been cut. The deer funnel to it and pass the obstacle there because it is easier for them. Hope this helps a little.