HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Buellhunter

Default RE: Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

Fett, I'll be looking for you to stop in!

Stat, you have a PM. Thank you for your help on this,that is really cool of you to offer!
I plan to be priced in line with Cabela's and Scheel's,a little less on some stuff,maybe a little more on other items. There are no other indoor ranges within 25-50 miles depending on which way you travel. I will make mine the best.
I think I can provide a fun,make that FUN!,clean,friendly place for archers to gather. I have been in the people business most of my life in one way or another. Isn't all business, people business?

TX
I will offer online sales and online gift certificates
I do a ton of online business in my current job,all over the world.

Washington,
I understand the AH thing and while I can be a total AH if pushed that far it only happens about once every 5 years or so
I haven't thought about annual type memberships,I'll be a pay to shoot as you go type of place
I have thought of doing a punch card deal where you get the 10th hour of range time for free or something like that?

MichaelT
See aboveSorry you don't have a good shop near you. That is what I will am trying to provide my area.

Fett, I'm going to have to charge more than 1.00 but i tell you what, come on down once I get opened up and you can shoot for free. I might even feed you some grilled backstrap. Deal?

TX
I think some free range time with a bow purchase is a good idea, while they try out different bows and then a few free sessions after they purchase it. Free as long as they own the bow? I won't be able to do that.

IL
Go for it! We can get going together and maybe even help each other out with ideas!